This Web makes use of first-party and third-party cookies with analytic purposes about its activity and which are installed when navigating through the Website. If you keep navigating in it you accept the use which we make of them. If you wish, you may change your preferences in the browser.


Accept cookies Chage its configuration
Gobierno de España - Ministerio de Hacienda y Función Pública
Te encuentras en: Home»Press Room»News

News

SEPI’s Board of Directors resolves to request the Members’ Voluntary Liquidation of DEFEX to the Council of Ministers

08/04/2017 - Madrid
SEPI’s Press Release

The Board of Directors of the Spanish state-owned industrial holding company Sociedad Estatal de Participaciones Industriales (SEPI), in the course of the ordinary meeting which it held this Friday, resolved to request to the Council of Ministers authorization for the Members’ Voluntary Liquidation of DEFEX, a company in which SEPI holds a 51% participation in its social capital, while the remaining 49% is in the hands of private partners. The proposal comes from the Ministry of Defense and will be submitted to the Government by the Ministry of Finance and Public Service.

The resolution was adopted after an analysis of the situation of DEFEX and after observing the difficulties faced by the company for operating on the market as a result of the reputational damaged suffered and the protective measures taken in the course of the enquiry carried out by central court no. 5 of the Audiencia Nacional.

In case that the Council of Ministers were to authorize the Members’ Voluntary Liquidation of DEFEX, the corporate proceedings for its winding-up and liquidation would begin. During this last stage, the company would keep its legal nature and would focus its activity, in coordination with the court, on concluding the contracts in progress, the disposal of its assets and the payment of its debts, meeting its obligations with its workforce, and liquidating all its others obligations.

At the same time, DEFEX will continue collaborating with the Justice until all the court proceedings have been concluded, defending its actions as a legal person against the unfair administration carried out by its former managers and preserving its assets until all its obligations which can result from the court cases have been settled.


Logotipo ecológico

Antes de imprimir este documento asegúrate de que es necesario. Proteger el medio ambiente está también en tu mano.

Get to know SEPI
SEPI commitment
Companies
Privatizations
Press Room
Marca España web page offers news related to Spanish activity both within our borders and abroadThe Spanish Economy website provides access to the latest key economic information on Spain in english.Dependence FoundCrónica Gráfica
© SEPI - Velázquez, 134. 28006 Madrid. España Tel.: +34 91 396 10 00 Fax: + 34 91 396 15 60 -Legal Warning - Accessibility - Cookies Usage
CSS Válido!
Valid HTML 4.01 Transitional
Icono de conformidad con el Nivel A, de las Directrices de Accesibilidad para el Contenido Web 1.0 del W3C-WAI
Desarrollado por
Empresa de consultoría, tecnología e innovación